Cold pressed oils are obtained naturally by crushing oil seeds at room temperature. In this oil seeds are crushed slowly to extract oil from them naturally. This is done to retain the nutrients and flavours. There is no extra heat and chemicals required, which makes them the healthiest variant of oil available to us. Also, the acid value is relatively low, so oil products are obtained after precipitation and filtration. From being healthier to more nutritious as compared to hot pressed versions, cold pressed oils are widely adopted by people across nations. They also contain antioxidants which are usually absent in hot pressed oil because of their exposure to high heat. Most cold pressed oils are rich in vitamin E, which has anti-inflammatory and oleic acid, which boosts your immunity.
The flax plant contains nutritious seeds commonly known as flax seeds. The Pahari Life's Organic Flaxseed oil is obtained by cold-pressing ripened and dried flax seeds. The oil is also commonly known as linseed oil. Flaxseed oil is loaded with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, one tablespoon (15 ml) contains an impressive 7,196 mg of omega-3 fatty acids. Specifically, flaxseed oil contains alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a form of omega-3 fatty acid that is only converted in small amounts to active forms of omega-3, like EPA and DHA. If you aren’t getting enough DHA and EPA in your diet, (most guidelines recommend at least 1,600 mg of ALA omega-3 fatty acids daily for men and 1,100 mg for women) Just one tablespoon of flaxseed oil can meet and exceed your daily ALA needs. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential to health and have been associated with benefits like reduced inflammation, improved heart health and protection for the brain against aging. If you aren’t taking fish oil, flaxseed oil may be a good solution to help supplement your diet with the omega-3 fatty acids you need.
Other benefits include -
- Provides effective relief from constipation and soothes the inflammation in the lining of the intestines.
- Regularizes menstruation and balances the hormone.
- Burns body fat, which is helpful for obese people.
- The anti-oxidants fight against harmful free radicals and inhibits the growth of tumour.
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer and breast cancer.
- Prevents various gastrointestinal disease.
- Reduces stiffness of the muscle and joints.
- Keeps good care of the eyes and combats dry eyes and Sjogren’s syndrome.