Cold pressed oils are obtained naturally by crushing oil seeds at room temperature. In this oil seeds are crushed slowly to extract oil from them naturally. This is done to retain the nutrients and flavours. There is no extra heat and chemicals required, which makes them the healthiest variant of oil available to us. Also, the acid value is relatively low, so oil products are obtained after precipitation and filtration. From being healthier to more nutritious as compared to hot pressed versions, cold pressed oils are widely adopted by people across nations. They also contain antioxidants which are usually absent in hot pressed oil because of their exposure to high heat. Most cold pressed oils are rich in vitamin E, which has anti-inflammatory and oleic acid, which boosts your immunity.
Hemp oil, also known as hemp seed oil, is made from hemp, a cannabis plant like the drug marijuana but containing little to no tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the chemical that gets people “high.” Instead of THC, hemp contains cannabidiol (CBD), a chemical that has been used to treat everything from epilepsy to anxiety. Hemp is increasingly popular as a remedy for a range of conditions including skin issues and stress. Hemp oil may also reduce inflammation in the body. In addition to CBD, Hemp oil contains large amounts of omega-6 and omega -3 fats,, which are two types of unsaturated fats or “good fats,” and all nine essential amino acids, the materials your body uses to make protein.
- Hemp Oil helps to maintain hormonal balance which helps to attain healthy menopause. It also deals with symptoms including hot flushes and depression.
- Due to its low carbohydrate and sugar content, it acts as a great supplement for diabetics. If used in cooking, it can help reduce your cholesterol rate.
- Skin oxygenation and hydration can be achieved by the regular use of Hemp Oil as they contain Omega 6 Fatty Acids that will in turn help in preventing psoriasis. Hemp Sativa Oil has a zero comedogenic rating, which simply means it won’t clog skin pores at all.
- Hemp Oil gives you gorgeous hair, nails, and beautiful skin when used regularly. Its Essential Fatty Acids can also boost your immune system.
- Hemp Oil can be used as cooking oil, however, not suitable for high heat cooking. It also acts as a salad dressing in case you run out of Olive Oil.
The Pahari Life's unrefined & cold pressed hemp seed oil offers a delicate nutty flavor to every dish. You can also make smoothies, salads, vegetables, and all kinds of pasta using this oil. Hemp Seed Oil is good for all skin types as it nourishes the skin and increases blood circulation. You can also use it for a gentle massage on your body.
Precautions using Hemp seed oil
- It is suitable for all skin types including oily skin. Do a patch test when using the product for the first time.
- Avoid heating the oil – it is not suitable for deep frying purposes.
- Individuals who take anticoagulant herbs/medicines should avoid them.
- Excess intake may cause nausea, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps. Reduce quantity intake.
- Unsuitable intake like an empty stomach may cause acidity to some, hence consume it with the meal.